Frequently Asked Questions
Group Breaks - Terms & Conditions
- Each break purchase has a description that should be read through before purchase including what can be expected from a product, how many spots are in a break, whether base cards will be shipped, etc.
- It is understood that the cancelation of a break spot purchase may not be possible following the break selling out or already occurring.
- All cards that feature multiple players on different teams will be randomized. There is no majority rules. No exceptions no matter the value or rarity of the card in question.
- All hits (i.e. relics, autographs, auto-relics) will be sleeved and top loaded, all serial numbered cards will be sleeved and top loaded and all hot rookies per the group breaker’s discretion will be sleeved and top loaded.
- Players in their non-professional uniform (Team USA, college, high school) will go to the professional team they are assigned to via GroupBreakChecklists.com or CardboardConnection.com
- In the instance that there is no checklist, the item will go to the team the player is currently on (if they are an active player) or the team that they played for the longest (if they are retired) going by season on the various Reference.com sites. Tiebreakers are at the discretion of the host (usually games played).
- There are variations of how we give spots away and how we divide up the share of an expensive spot or team. Please ask the host for additional details if it is not clear to you within an item description.
- We’re a family friendly show so please be respectful in the chat. We may suspend or terminate your use of jaspyscasebreaks.com at any time.
- We reserve the right to reject any order you place with us, and/or to limit quantities on any order. Additionally, prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and we reserve the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions on the website.
- After the sorting and packing of a break, it is understand that specific shipping changes (address change, express shipping, insurance) may not be possible.
- Shipping insurance will not be added to a hit automatically. Insurance must be requested and paid for by the customer. Customer support can be contacted to discuss insurance.
- We do not cover duties and fees for international orders. We cannot make exceptions on order values for shipping. Something will ship with every order - please contact Jaspy's support for omission.
- All orders placed on this site are subject to product availability. Items purchased from Jaspyscasebreaks.com pass to you upon shipment. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
1402 Pacific Coast Highway
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
11 AM - 6 PM
INSTAGRAM LIVE STREAM:
(FOR PERSONAL BREAKS)
Watch us rip live 7 days a week on Instagram Live @JaspysBreaks
Purchase @ jaspys.com
YOUTUBE LIVE STREAM:
(FOR GROUP BREAKS)
Watch us live 7 days a week
Purchase spots @ jaspyscasebreaks.com
On occasion, in-store by appointment only.
Please email us during retail store hours to let us know what you have and photos of your items so we can arrange a time for you to meet with our buyer in-shop if interested.
Primarily we have been buying high-end single cards and/or high-end graded cards.
Group breaks (or case breaking, ripping, unboxing, etc.) are a brand new way to collect sports trading cards! Instead of purchasing an entire box or case of a particular product, you can buy a small share of a box or case which will then be unboxed live via our YouTube channel.
There are generally two types of break formats:
- Random Team (RT)
- Pick Your Team (PYT)
In a RT, you pay a fixed amount and are assigned a random team. In a PYT, you have the option of selecting a specific team(s) at varying prices.
This video from the Los Angeles Times features Jaspy's and gives a good overview of the breaking process.
Be sure to register to jaspyscasebreaks.com and opt-in to our newsletter (or sign up for the newsletter on the bottom of the website). Typically pre-orders for new releases are posted 48-hours before release day.
New group breaks (i.e. old favorites that we bring back, mixers, et al) are posted spontaneously throughout the day. Please be sure to be subscribed to our email newsletter to be notified or just check the website frequently!
No, you can’t. But you can request a refund for your spot/team before a break sells out by hitting the “Support” button with your order number.
As a courtesy we do ask that you wait at least 24 hours from the time of your purchase before requesting a refund. Note that refunds requested after retail store hours will be processed the next business day. And we cannot guarantee that the refund will actually be processed before the break sells out. In which case, you will still remain in that break.
REMEMBER… there are NO refunds after a group break/unboxing has taken place. Therefore, before you purchase please do the following:
- Read the entire title of a given group break
- Read the entire item description of any give group break
- Do not assume anything; If you have any questions the host on the live stream will be happy to answer any questions that you might have.
Thanks for joining! You should have received an automated order confirmation email from us with your specific group break number (please check your spam folder if you don’t see it). You can also check your “Account” page for order confirmations.
Your group break must be “Sold Out” before we can unbox live.
Some products (especially if it’s a new release) may sell out and fill faster than other products.
If your break is Sold Out then please check the Youtube live stream to see if your break is on the schedule. We also upload all break videos to YouTube once complete.
Sometimes there is a mini-break or filler-break attached to a sold out break. That is when we do a smaller group break and give away spots in a bigger break at the end. Please check the item description/title of a product for details.
Sometimes a “random number block” or “RNB” is required to fill a break. That is when we pull a set amount of teams out of a particular break and those selected teams will have their hits, if any, distributed by serial number. The rules -- which are also in the item description -- are as follows:
Every spot will get a random number for the break - 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
If you get the number 3 you will get all cards with 3 being the first number next to the "/" on the left side of the /. So for example, if the card is 13/99, 3/25, 43/49, 93/99 and so on the number 3 will get the card. All redemption cards will go to the 0 spot, even if it is a known 1/1 it will still go to the 0 spot.
Seven nights a week we broadcast on Instagram Live (@JaspysBreaks) where we unbox individual boxes, packs, etc.
When placing your order, in the “Order Notes” section please:
- Write your Instagram name/handle if you want your purchase opened live. Your purchase will not be opened until you are present in the Instagram Live chat. If we do not see you within a day or two it will automatically be shipped sealed to your shipping address.
- Please write “Shipped sealed” if you do not want your purchase opened live.
Yes! Our sorting/shipping team will have your cards sent out to you within 3-5 business days.
Once a label is printed you will be emailed a tracking number. We ship via the United States Postal Service. If you have not yet received tracking, either it hasn't shipped yet or was combined with another order you placed.
If you’re in the United States? Nope!
If you’re international there may be additional shipping fees. International customers are responsible for all related customs/duties/taxes/VAT. The cost of a group break will be the customs value of a shipment.
If you’re in Canada, shipping is free for orders over $50.00 USD.
It’s likely your shipment has been delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the sharp increase in volume across all shipping services.
- If you've received a shipping confirmation with a tracking number, your shipment has been picked up from our facility.
- At this time, USPS is often not scanning every package at each stage of delivery so while it may seem like your package is stuck, it's on its way!
We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Make sure to check with family, roommates, neighbors, your front desk, or your mail room. Your local post office might have more information, so please contact your local postal carrier.
If this fails, you are welcome to reach out to our support team for more advice on how to track down your shipment. Please remember once your order is marked as delivered by any shipping service we consider the transaction to be complete.
Yes! Hit the “Support” button on our website and provide your order number, the hit you want insured and how much you wanted it insured for. We will reply with a quote on the insurance cost (you can also request faster shipping as well) and instructions on how to pay.
Yes, you can change your address on your “Account” page. You can also contact us via the “Support” button on our website.
Yes! Please let us know that you would like to pick up your order and we will let you know when it will be ready. Please give us a call once you've arrived so we can bring it to your car.
Uh oh! If this happens, please contact us by hitting the “Support” button on Jaspyscasebreaks.com. Let us know whose order you received (and the name/number of the break) and mail it right back to us:
Jaspy’s Sports Cards & Collectibles
1402 Pacific Coast Hwy.
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
We will be sure to credit the cost of shipping back to you.
Contact us using the “Support” button with your order number, the break in question, and the card(s) that you believe are missing and we’ll go from there. Remember in some cases, orders will be sent in multiple shipments.
Please contact our support team via the support button on the website and let us know what happened. Be sure to provide your order number and the team/hits that you received. We will review the damages (please attach an image) and provide the appropriate resolution.