THE NATIONAL NOTEBOOK: Thursday, 07/27/23
- The National is HOT, HOT, HOT.
- The air conditioning units were struggling.
- I've never seen so many booths with fans blowing at max speed in an attempt to circulate some air.
- My sources tell me that fans are sold out at all nearby retailers.
- Did that deter collectors?
- The convention center was packed with fans all the way to the end of the day; I've never seen it this crowded!
- Nick Jaspy's Eagle Eye found some more sharp looking cards!
- I'll try and see if we can get some previews from him; Stay tuned!
- It is difficult to digest all the awesome stuff spread out over this massive landscape but I saw a lot of amazing stuff.
- I've got some odds and ends in my personal collection but this National has got me thinking of dipping my toe into some collecting a bit more seriously.
- After losing some LBS in the sweat box I gained it all back by eating a giant steak with some spuds on the side and a flagon of fermented grape juice.
- Then onwards to trade night at the Loews Hotel (yup, right there in the lobby and in the hallways); Always a good time.
- Collectors showing off what they picked up earlier in the day and talking about the things they saw at the booths.
- Lots of buying, selling, trading and spirited conversation about the hobby and the Hobby Hot players. You may spot me and Nick there on Friday night.
- Nick Jaspy's once empty backpack came back to his room completely full.
- A full Thursday in the books!
Nick and I will wandering around the National tomorrow looking for some great hits for the shop and for the live streams! Say hello if you spot us!
On Saturday, we'll be live from the PWCC booth and we'll be breaking 2023 Topps Sterling Baseball among other things! So click here to get your teams now!